Other Unofficial Builders
You can generally find other Unofficial Builders at the mozillaZine Third-Party/Unofficial Builds forum.
This forum hosts Camino, Firefox, SeaMonkey (Mozilla Suite) unofficial
builders (also known as Community Edition builders) and their users.
I've listed a few of them below.
- Stipe who produces small and fast builds. He sometimes leaves out some options from his builds.
- MOOX who produces daily builds
with a huge number of local language variant builds. He has been very
busy with his personal life and is taking a break but has announced
plans to resume building sometime in December 2005.
- Makoto Kato who did
the important porting work so that Mozilla could be built natively on
Windows 64-bit versions.He provides Firefox trunk builds from time to
time and has submitted most of the patches to get 64-bit Windows builds
to work. Many of them are awaiting review though.
- BlueFyre builds frequent Trunk Windows builds targetting AMD Athlon XP and some newer Duron processors.
does Windows builds for processors that support MMX (such as the Intel
Pentium 2 and Intel Pentium 3) or SSE2 (such as the Intel Pentium 4,
Pentium M and Xeon processors and the AMD Athlon64 and Opteron
processors). He does near-daily branch builds.
does Firefox builds for the Mac/OSX platform and specializes in G3 and
G4 Trunk builds. Many Firefox builders have migrated over to use Camino
which has a more native Mac/OSX look and feel leaving a smaller builder
community for the platform.
- krmathis (formerly PowerBook)
provides Camino Trunk builds on a fairly regular basis. He was the
pioneer on the Unofficial Builders mozillaZine forum for building
Firefox on Mac/OSX and has now moved over to Camino.
- pigfoot makes Firefox and Thunderbird Branch and Trunk builds for MMX and SSE2 platforms.
makes some pretty interesting builds for release 1.0.7 and the Trunk
for Firefox and Thunderbird. He uses some optimized CRTs and memory
utilities for MMX, 3DNow and SSE.
- ayakawa is using PGO and some fast graphics library to produce builds pretty close to mine.
Return to Homepage
Updated January 28, 2006. For comments and questions, send email to Vector.x64 @ gmail.com (without the spaces).