January 5, 2006
- Uploaded the X55 and X55a builds for Win32 SSE2
January 2, 2006
- Update Builders Corner with some 64-bit links
- Moved December Blog entries to their own page
December 28, 2005
- Added section in Builders Corner for links to CPU documents
December 27, 2005
- Uploaded X53 and X53a builds for Win32 SSE2. The X53a build
should fix the Tab Sidebar problem and these builds already have the
Safari Milk Theme bugfix in them.
December 24, 2005
- Uploaded X51 and X51a SSE2 Win32 Firefox builds.
December 23, 2005
- Pulled the X49a build as it has a problem. I will look at
it in a little more detail over the weekend.
December 22, 2005
- Pulled Thunderbird 1.5 Release Candidate 2 Source tree.
- Uploaded P1A-X01a build.
- Added a few short blog entries.
- Built Thunderbird SSE2 1.5 Release Candidate 2 with tabbed
- Build Firefox SSE2 Branch 2005-12-21 X49 and uploaded it.
- Fixed a problem with the "a" builds. Not sure if it fixes
the crash problems.
- Uploaded X49 and X49a builds.
December 21, 2005
- Pulled Firefox Branch source code for today.
- Did a little digging into some more string stuff. Looks
like I'll need to do a little more instrumenting of string code calls.
- Pulled Thunderbird Branch source code for today.
- Updated Builders Corner with new Firefox schedule
- Updated blog with some Mozilla build thoughts and analysis
some stuff on Open Office. Also a note on complaints about Firefox 1.5
and memory leaks. for some users.
- Uploaded P1A build which is a Pengium 1 build. But had to
it as there was some SIMD stuff in it. Fixed the module, rebuilt the
kit and reuploaded it but haven't verified that it works yet.
December 20, 2005
- Uploaded X47a Win32 SSE2 build with new string
optimizations and the cleanup of the GFX nsTransform2D code.
December 19, 2005
- Uploaded X45a Win32 SSE2 build (without SSE2).
- Wrote an optimized stricmp routine.
- Communicated with users over Java issues with X45a and
to be in a state of resolution with AdBlock Plus being the problem.
December 17, 2005
- New Win32 SSE2 build uploaded as X43a. It contains some
backports from the Win64 builds. This build was removed and replaced
with the X41a build which is similar. The X43a build was missing
manifest and CRT libraries and crashed on Java Applets.
December 16, 2005
- Built Win32 SSE2 and Win64 Tabbed Thunderbird. Will upload
them in the near future.
- Added a section in Builders Corner for Brower Performance
December 15, 2005
- Uploaded Win32 Branch X41 build based on 2005-12-11 code
- Updated BLOG with stuff on Natural Gas
December 14, 2005
- Updated the Blog with a chart on Valero, some energy links
and a pointer to a new Microsoft secuity update.
- Uploaded Win64 Branch X13 with some minor image
December 13, 2005
- Added some user notes in the pref performance page on
processors and Thunderbird on x64 and on changing the supplied vendor
string to work better with extensions.
- Added blog entry with charts on Japan, Microsoft and AMD.
- Got a first-level GIF optimization on the Win64 Firefox
I'm trying to decide if I want to do a second round of improvements.
The first round is a small but measureable improvement. Also looked at
doing a PNG improvement and got together some images for a PNG test
suite. I've had GIF and JPEG suites for quite some time.
- Installed a new compiler and will play with that in the
December 12, 2005
- Uploaded Firefox Win64 Firefox Branch build (20051211)
- Added todo page with list of proposed performance
December 11, 2005
- Uploaded the Win64 Thunderbird Branch build (20051207)
- Updated blog
- Updated Other Builders
- Updated Builders Corner
December 7, 2005
- Updated blog and pulled the Thunderbird Branch code. Some
have mentioned that there are problems in the Thunderbird RC1 that are
fixed in the Branch. It doesn't appear that there is as much activity
in Thunderbird and I haven't heard of any rumors of any Release
Candidate updates so we'll try a Branch build for 64 bits to see how
that goes. The main problem noted is the spinning hourglass problem
which I've seen myself. Usually I can get rid of the problem by
restarting Thunderbird one or two times. But I think that some users
haven't been able to get around the problem. If a Branch build solves
the problem, then we will probably do a Win32 build as well.
December 1, 2005
- Uploaded Win32 SSE2 build.
November 29, 2005
- Firefox 1.5 has been released by Mozilla. I pulled the
code and rebuilt it and added code changes to nsTransform2D.* in the
build which is the X12 now. See the Windows Builds page to get the kit.
- I will be doing Win32 SSE2, Pentium 3 and Mac/OSX G5 builds
over the next few days.
November 28, 2005
- Uploaded the Pentium 3 build. Also added a note indicating
I'd appreciate MMX users testing the build just in case it works there.
- Continued experimenting with GFX code. Decided to just
apply the trunk patch for X12, X42, A04 and X16 in upcoming builds.
November 27, 2005
- Uploaded the 1.5 Release Candidate 3 SSE2 build at the X40
- Running a Win64 test build with the nsTransform2D changes
August to see if they make a performance difference without my changes.
If they do make a noticeable difference, I'll backport my performance
changes to this code for Win64 and see what I can do for Mac/OSX, Win32
SSE2 and MMX.
November 26, 2005
- Added Performance Preferences page.
- Tested some Win64 Graphics performance stuff that I had put
the Trunk builds back in August 2005 in the 1.5 rc3 line and found that
it improved 24fun.com performance. The changes involved using 64-bit
arithmetic operations instead of 32-bit operations and some SSE2
- Built an MMX build though I don't know if it will run on
not. I'll have to test it on one of our Pentium 3s to certify it on
that platform and then find someone with an MMX system to see if it
- Added a new Win32 SSE2 Thunderbird build with the new
- Added 1.5 Release Candidate 3 Firefox G5 build for Mac/OSX.
a new JPEG improvement that takes advantage of the G5's 64-bit hardware
November 25, 2005
- Added Win64 X11 Firefox build. This added the changes in
Bug 316879. Bug 121414 changes were added in X10.
- Worked on the 1.5 rc3 G5 build. I had a fair number of
with this build and backed off a number of .mozconfig settings to get
something usable. It looks like -O3 won't work on GCC 3.3 and Panther
so I'm building with -O2. I will add back in my patches if the current
configuration results in something usable.
November 24, 2005
- Added programming pages.
- Moved watch page over from from Geocities.
- Added Mac/OSX page with pointer to 1.0.7 G5 build.
- Added Thunderbird 1.5 RC1 Win64 X11 build. This adds the
- Broke out the main page into smaller pages.
Return to Homepage
Updated December 17, 2005. For comments and questions, send email to
Vector.x64 @ gmail.com (without the spaces).